Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG Problem after FLP install! can a EGR pump create a miss?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BIG Problem after FLP install! can a EGR pump create a miss?

Well I went to get the car the rest of the way together and go to the track tonight. Well I ran into one problem being that I have KBDD frame connectors and no one told me that the Ypipe doesnt' really fit with them when you go with FLP's. So with that side up against and header wrap around that and header wrap around the passenger header collector so it didn't smack the floor. I extended the o2 on the driver side myself by splicing in longer wires. By the way this is with the Off road pipes and i have o2 simms. I just changed over from the MAC's with ORYP.

So i start the car and it idles ok. So i'm job well done. My friend revs the car to see how it sounds and notices a miss on the initial hit of the gas. I hit it and verify yeah the car stumbles down low but idles ok and you can hold it at 2K RPMs and holds fine no missing or carrying on.
We take it for a drive and as soon as I step on the gas to give it a lil kick in azz it just falls on its face and gives like a stumbling miss when i hit the gas. I give it half throttle and it kind of shutters and stumbles down the road. It reminded me of when I accidentally swapped 2 wires on my LT1 once where it ran ok but when i got on it it ran like crap and now power.
So we come back completely puzzled. We take the Ypipe off thinking its banging and causing Knock. Well not true the car seemed to rev a bit better but still ran like crap.
So a friend brings over ATAP!!! Check the car for codes and it shows a bunch of times that theres some EGR code and a random misfire code on cyl #3 as usual with the cam. So we change the EGR pump just to see. Go figure the stumble seems to be gone but the car still seems to be down on power. Revs up ok and not showing alot of KRetard except on the initial hit of gas in 1st gear maybe some wheel hop. The o2s are reading close to each other and 880-900s so its ok there too. SO WTF is wrong with this car??? I dont have a exhaust leak atleast not big one that i know off yet. The car just doesnt seem to have alot of power for some reason. Please any help ASAP would be greatful!!! I'd like to get it to the track tomorrow if i can.

Tomorrow saturday i'm going to pull all the plugs and put in some TR55s in place of the TR6s to see if its anything with the plugs and make sure they are all on and working. I dont have any TR6s around to put in. I'm also gonna change the tube from the EGR pump to the intake and the air tube on the header. Just cause!!!

Best et w/mods: 12.27et @ 115.48MPH w/ 1.89 60ft with 3.42's, Potenza st. tires, stock clutch
New mods Cartek clutch 12.14et @ 115.21MPH w/1.818 60ft with 3.42's, full interior, 1/2 tank of gas, in 80degrees!TNT wet kit 11.83 @121MPH w/75jets w/1.80 60ft
RWHP 347 RWTQ 352
W/TNT 75jets RWHP 415 /RWTQ 456 SAE corrected
11.41@ 124.65MPH w/100jets w/1.77 60ft RWHP 472/ RWTQ 550
New mod: TR224/563.112LS

Old 09-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: BIG Problem after FLP install! can a EGR pump create a miss?

Check the old plugs carefully. A cracked porcelin will cause a misfire or power loss. They can break during the header install if they were left in the heads.
Good luck,

Richard
Old 09-06-2003, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: BIG Problem after FLP install! can a EGR pump create a miss?

Well the plugs were one of the first things to come out for the install and last to go in. Maybe someone dropped one.

Anyone tell me how to get my header collector away from the passenger floor board??? I have header wrap around it now but you can feel it vibrating the car cause of the cam when you give it gas!!!!!!!