Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t.b. bracket

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t.b. bracket

i installed my ls6 intake and p.p. stock throttlebody this past weekend, but when i went to hook the cable back up to my throttlebody, it wouldn't close all the way!

why is this? Its like there wasnt enought cable to let it go all the way closed, and hit the bump stop. I ended up having to drill another hole in the bracket and move it forward some, closer to the throttlebody.

thats the only way i could make it close all the way, and open all the way. And yes, it still has tension on it. Is there any way i can adjust the cable so i can actually put the bracket back in its stock location where it belongs???
Old 09-15-2008, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rio95cobra
i installed my ls6 intake and p.p. stock throttlebody this past weekend, but when i went to hook the cable back up to my throttlebody, it wouldn't close all the way!

why is this? Its like there wasnt enought cable to let it go all the way closed, and hit the bump stop. I ended up having to drill another hole in the bracket and move it forward some, closer to the throttlebody.

thats the only way i could make it close all the way, and open all the way. And yes, it still has tension on it. Is there any way i can adjust the cable so i can actually put the bracket back in its stock location where it belongs???
do u have traction control?

look along the TB cable and there should be a joint with a plastic screw to adjust the cable

not sure if cars without TCS have that joint tho
Old 09-15-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i do have traction control. And thanks, ill have to search for that tomorrow.

I dont like the way my gas pedel feels with the bracket moved. It feels different
Old 09-15-2008, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rio95cobra
yeah i do have traction control. And thanks, ill have to search for that tomorrow.

I dont like the way my gas pedel feels with the bracket moved. It feels different
your welcome. the joint is on the cable from the TCS box to the TB