Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has this happened to anyone else with their LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default has this happened to anyone else with their LT's?

well sunday i went to the oakland a's game with my buddy, pretty much drove my car all day, which isn't uncommon for me. well i'm about a mile from my house at a restaruant, go out to my car and turn the key and everything was normal but when i went to crank it, all the exterior lights went out and there was no cranking of the engine so after making sure the battery was hooked up good and everything i could see was in order i called AAA and towed the car to my house. that was funny cause the flatbed blocked off the 2 lanes going east bound in front of my house and about 8 cars just had to sit and wait for him lol so i didn't go to work yesterday because of the issue and not having a ride. my buddy came over about 4 with a jack and we took a look at my starter, starter was fine but the negative line to it looked like it got fried off and then we saw the positive line arched to my header and put a nice little hole in it so we pulled the starter and battery to have them checked, both came out good. once i got back my friend and her dad (thank God he's a mechanic) came over and he looked at it for 2 minutes had me try and turn it over and then showed me some wires going to the fuse panel and pointed out one is burnt, which needs to be replaced and then said it'll start once you fix that but replace those wires to your starter before tryin to drive around or the same thing will happen. good thing i'm workin alot of overtime, i'm wodnering if the same thing has happened to others and how much it cost them to fix it
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know they (wires) come close w/ my set up. just tie em up real good.