Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PA Racing k-member

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PA Racing k-member

has anyone had any problems with the PA K-member? Like it not locating the engine in the bay correctly? Iv not narrowed it down to the design of the k-member but it was a thought that had crossed my mind. THIS IS NOT A COMPANY NAME BASH, just an honest question.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmhmm Ive in the past have seen issues with the K member but thats when they were new to the scene, and it was a LTX 4th gen, and in regards to header fitment (long tubes)

I wonder if your frame is tweaked, or when you took the stocker out, something shifted.

Is the engine out, or suspended from above?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the engine is bolted in but its slightly pointing to the passenger side, so that when u get back to the trans cross member its 1 inch off the mounting holes. I dont think the chassis tweaked due to the fact that I had subframe connectors on it before I took anything apart. The new rear went in fine. Im gonna un-bolt the k-member and bolt the trans member in and see if I can get the k-member to line up then. If not it had to have been jigged wrong upon assembly.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the engine and tranny in a bind that it cant be moved?? Usually an inch wouldn't be that much of a deal to just pry it over and put the tranny mount in..I have changed out just mounts that let things shift around further then that..If your running stock rubber mounts it shouldnt be any problem I guess if your running solid mounts in the front it could be a problem you might have to loosen the clam shells that are on the block itself slightly then get everything lined up and loosely bolted and tighten everything up once you have made your alignment.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ill try when I get home. Im using the poly mounts
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDB
ill try when I get home. Im using the poly mounts
Poly is VERY stiff, prob need to do some Prying, meaning get someone to help.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

My PA racing kmember lined up perfectly... Just takes a littly prying and patience here and there to get it lined up.