Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp ory into 3in catback help! lots of play!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry tsp ory into 3in catback help! lots of play!!

hey guys i have a quick question.
ok this is the problem i just added a set of pacesetter lt's and a tsp ory and got it all finished and tuned.
i go the mufflex y pipe hanger on the drivers side and there is pleanty of clearance on the passenger side.
no i went just driveing around because i was bored lol and when i hit the gas from a stop or from low speeds in first i get this wierd vibration fron the passenger side but it only does it from the speeds stated above it also seems to band but there is a lot of room.
its fine from 2nd gear and on the hwy it only does it in first and lower speeds.
now what i think it is but not shure.
the car had a shop made 3in exhaust connected to the stock y and i cut it right where it was welded when i started the lt install and the catback pipe is about 2-3 inches short from the tsp y slideing in all the way in to the catback.
so instead of the tsp y slideing all the way in to the catback the pipe its short.
the y pipe does go in to the catback just not all the way in.
theres nothing wrong with the y i think when the exhaust was made they made thepipe to short.
there seems to be a lot of play where the y meets the catback.
is this the cause?.
like i said there is pleanty of room on the passenger side and the mufflex hanger on the drivers side so i dont think the y is hiting the floor board.
help me guys im going to the exhaust shop in the morning to have it fixed and the i pipe replaced.
help guys! im geting a little tires of messing with it