Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor issue

I haven't torn it apart yet but just looking for some possible ideas. My service engine light came on my car. I had it scanned it said it was one of my knock sensors low input. My car runs fine. I haven't noticed anything with it at all. I went to my buddies and cleared the code. He said that when I started the car within a couple of seconds if it was the knock sensors it should come right back on. It didn't. It lasted about two weeks with it off. But when I decided to hammer on it popped back on. I heard that it is common for the harness to go bad on these cars. Do you all think that is what's going on or is there another problem.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't over think this one. Order two new sensors and the harness, remove the intake and replace them.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

I'm not I was planning on doing just that. But my only concern was why did it take until I slammed on it to make the light come back on. I would think that it should come on at anytime if the knock sensors or harness was bad. Maybe it was just bad timing that it came on at that time. I'm just wondering why that was.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BradsLS1
I haven't torn it apart yet but just looking for some possible ideas. My service engine light came on my car. I had it scanned it said it was one of my knock sensors low input. My car runs fine. I haven't noticed anything with it at all. I went to my buddies and cleared the code. He said that when I started the car within a couple of seconds if it was the knock sensors it should come right back on. It didn't. It lasted about two weeks with it off. But when I decided to hammer on it popped back on. I heard that it is common for the harness to go bad on these cars. Do you all think that is what's going on or is there another problem.
I just replaced these for another member. Usually the problem is created by the front Knock Sensor. Water has a tendency to get under the intake and into the Sensor hole. You should be able to just replace the Sensors and seal the plugs with silicone. You probably don't need a new harness. Good luck.