Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what oil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what oil?

i have been running mobile 1 full synthetic 10/40 on my 01 formula. i drive it almost everyday but also take it to the track 3 to 4 times a month. i spray a 100 to 200 shot and i was wandering if running a different oil would be safer? better for the engine? Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This depends on who you ask.. your going to get many different anwsers...

I think any good oil (Dino or Syn) would be ok as long as you change it as needed. The more the Stop/Go driving and how hard you drive it on the strip would require you to change it more offen.

Your going to get many answer that XXXX oil is best or wrost.. If it work for you and has been, then stick with it or just try something else.. I myself use Penzoil Platinum Synthec, have read good reports on it, but I have always been a Penzoil user (30+ years)

Just searching and reading report that you can find on the forum and on the internet.. will drive you crazy LOL.. there are even polls on the forum.. chech them out..
All good.. and just to name a few..
Penzoil Platinum
German Castrol
Redline
Royal Purple
Amsoil

Then next question is going to be what weight.. that again is a never ending question and answer !..

good luck.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, it's time for the weekly "Wut oilz do i want???????????????"

I recommend what I use, Mobil-1 15W-50. It's a bottle o' happiness with a red cap on top.