Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice on Agostino racing engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on Agostino racing engine

new to forum and need advice. i had an 01 Corvette 436 stroker by Agostino racing. car has only been run 1800 miles in 4 years and 8k since engine done in 03. I actually sold the car last week and new owner is having major trouble with it. car is in san Antonio(much higher temps than Indiana where its been) car is running rough,unburnt gas trickles slightly from exhaust but major problem is it is using about 1qt of oil per every tankful of gas. any ideas from the experts??? ran fine when i used it-of course infrequently !! All i can think of is the new guy is running it very hard but i really dont know what to tell him it runs and idles fine and apparently performs but????? thnaks for any help you can provide
Old 10-25-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

please correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought Agostino went under? there's a shop up here by that name and a buddy told me it went under.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

The original ARE based in Canada went under years ago. I'm guessing that's an older, sleeved block. If so, they were prone to failure because of the sleeving method used at the time. It's hard to believe there would be actual unburnt gas in the exhaust, but you never know. If it indeed it's burning that much oil in such a short period, that does not bode well for the engine. It should be thoroughly checked out. I would also give Steve at Race Engine Development (sponsor here) a call. He's an expert with sleeved LSX engines.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My ARE motor did the same thing, that is burn more oil then gas. After the heads lifted with a 100 shot of nitrous I had enough of it and ended up building a new motor. After pulling down the motor it wasn't good. Good luck!