Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper Tune new rings

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Proper Tune new rings

OK I have a 98' A4 and I just got through with refreshing my motor I have a 224/228 112 lsa comp cam, comp pro mag rockers, titanium retainers, hardened pushrods, comp pro lifters, beehive springs, fast 92, flp lt's, haven't purchased the tb yet, ARP head & rod bolts, ported oil pump, comp adjustable timing chain and all new bearings, 3400 stall, shift kit and my engine builder told me that comp will tune my computer for that setup for $350 and I was just wondering if this would do me justice or if it would be better to do a dyno tune? I want my new rings to seat properly so if I run it on a dyno without a tune will this end up giving me blow by later on? Also with this cam should I run it straight up or degree it? I have emissions and want to make sure I don't have any problems with that either.....any help or advise on my setup would be greatly appreciated...looking to get on the road soon!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I my stock 806 heads are being ported he said he will give me my flow numbers and see if i want to go further with them after the port job.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dyno tune FOR SURE.

And for breakin run the **** out of it. I have brokin in 2 motors like this with geat results. Search it. WOT runs seat the rings much quicker and keep the rings from spinning around so the gaps line up causing oil consumption.

Get a safe base tune and hammer it