Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in catch can thats suppose to catch oil ? any one ever have that ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in catch can thats suppose to catch oil ? any one ever have that ?

Ok one of the first mods i did was to install a catch can to catch oil from going into intake from valve covers/valley on ls2 engine .

The vacuum line side of the catch can is running to my procharger air filter Oil in car looks clean/ car runs good / not losing any anti freezes.Been on car for 10k miles

Well i keep emptying it and its always half full of water and a very little bit of oil
looking like pure clean water looks drinkable!!! Tried lighting it on fire doesnt burn. Been putting it in a glass jar its evaporates out and only leaves what looks to be and very little bit of yellowish oil on bottom of jar.

Any ideas ? Im running a meth injection kit to raise octane and lower intake air temps could that be doing it only thing i can think of ?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

mine does the same exact thing. im thinking its supposed to do this. my catch jar maybe holds two ounces. with the water i also get a little bit of foamed up oil.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Completely normal, this is just condensation. Normally this would end up in the oil pan, which is why it's good to always bring the oil up to operating temp(205 +).
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

It's doing its job. Not to worry

Quick Reply: Water in catch can thats suppose to catch oil ? any one ever have that ?