Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What might this be???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question What might this be???

I have been pushing water/coolent out my overflow the last few times Ive raced the car. I found it was over full. I emptied it, filled it back to the right levle. I havent driven it yet. But what might cause this? I was thinking head gasket. But my coolent looks fine, and my oil is fine. Cant smell anything from my exhaust either.
I was thinking2 things. It may have just been over filled last time I flushed it, or maybe a bad radiator cap. Hope its somthing like this, not the head.
Thanks for any info.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

I see that you are running forced induction.. I had the same thing happen to my forced induction mustang. It was fine during everyday driving, but when I'd go to the track it would blow some coolant out of the radiator. It ended up being a head gasket issue, it wasn't "blown" but when the boost would come up it would leak into the coolant passages and blow out the radiator. It only happened under boost and was fine the rest of the time. I added ARP head studs and new gaskets and it has cured the problem.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Blown head gasket, been there done that with my stang, it became quite a common issue.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:57 AM
8 second mod

Thanks for the bad news, I thought so. I have head studs and cometic gaskets. But it must be the prob. I'll wrap a towle around it for now to finish my last 2 races of the season, then off come the heads.
HHHHHMMMMMMMM, Maybe while im in there!!!!!!!!!