Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference between adjustable and non-adjustable roller rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default difference between adjustable and non-adjustable roller rockers?

is there any difference between the 2 in terms of performance? i want to buy the 1.7 Yella Terra roller rockers for my 2000 LS1 camaro.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Properly set up, no. The adjustable rockers will allow fine tuning of the preload of the lifters for something like Comp R's, which require a very specific and narrow preload range (per Comp). If the adjuster is directly over the pushrod, that is more rotating mass. Unless you need the adjustment capability, go with the non-adjustable lightweight version and set them up properly by checking the wipe pattern then measuring for pushrod length. Buy pushrods last.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Properly set up, no. The adjustable rockers will allow fine tuning of the preload of the lifters for something like Comp R's, which require a very specific and narrow preload range (per Comp). If the adjuster is directly over the pushrod, that is more rotating mass. Unless you need the adjustment capability, go with the non-adjustable lightweight version and set them up properly by checking the wipe pattern then measuring for pushrod length. Buy pushrods last.
great info. thanks.

i have a question though :

how do you check the wipe pattern? and then how do you measure the pushrod length exactly?

thanks.

Quick Reply: difference between adjustable and non-adjustable roller rockers?