Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car running on 7 cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car running on 7 cylinders

Ok..my car was running like crap (since the tune). SES always on and flashing at about 25 miles per hour. So, i replaced the 02 sensor. This got rid of the constant SES light, but it still would flash at 25 mph.

So, i took the temperature of the headers, and found the back most (of course) passenger side was very cool compared to the others. Disconnected the spark plug wire (they are new, the tuner put them on) and the car still ran 100% the same. Hmmm.

I then used a spark tester and sure enough, no spark on that wire.

Am thinking the next step would be to swap two coil packs around? Maybe if have a shot coil pack? Or, have a new wire that is faulty.

Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Swap wires and coils and see which one it follows. if it follows neither I would start looking injector.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...after a lot of effort, swapped wires, coil packs etc. We found it was actually getting spark. The spark tester was just hard to seat in the plug wires, and i must not have had it in right when i tested. ARghh.

So...it is running on 7 still. Maybe a push rod or something.

Then, things took an even worse turn on my ride home from the garage, my car started reving, and stopped driving. Limped home at about 20 miles an hour. Anything over that, and it just revs.

Crap. Now what....car reverses fine, but cannot really drive with out it slipping. Could it be a sensor creating both problems (fingers crossed)

Quick Reply: Car running on 7 cylinders