Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure problem

My oil pressure bounces around. When i start the car from a cold start and let it warm up fully, if i rev it up to 3k or over the oil pressure drops as the rpms drop and it just goes straight to stalling. Also after driving for a bit I have noticed it the most after driving normally on the highway not high rpms i will get off and come to a stop shortly after and my oil pressure will start to bounce down to about 10 - 20psi and sometimes will stall but most times settle itself after about 15 - 20 seconds. It also does this little bouncing thing at randoms times when i come to a stop sign or a red light. Driving the prssure will sit at about 30 - 35psi but then sometimes bounce up to 40 - 45psi. Also had times where at a idle my rpms will be steady but the pressure gauge will start getting shakey and moving from about 35psi to 20 - 25psi rapidy as if someone were tapping the gauge to make it shake a little.

Lastly i am not sure if this would have any relivance but i recently noticed that when my pressure moves when i am driving my temp gauge will rise about 10 - 15 degrees but go right back down within a minute or so and then spuratically go back up but moves when oil pressure gets funny and only when driving. Speedo moves when i am stopped and rev engine over about 3k and will go as high as 50mph, i'm not sure if this could have anything to do with the oil pressure mess up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1998 Z28 67k mi
Recently had Heads, cam, intake, oil pump, headers, full exhaust put it no tune yet
Did not had any oil pressure issue before parts install