Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation 6.0 time?

ok guys well unfortunately i found out a little over a week ago that my ls1 has a bad bottom end! since then my car has been sitting in the garage while i think of which direction to go and of course to save some damn money!! well ive grown some interest in going for a 6.0 iron short block. so i need some real good info on this swap! what exactly can i take and use from my current block?!? and what extra parts do i need to purchase?!? prices plz?!? now keep in mind i do understand that with this situation i have a real opportunity to build this next set up really good. but right now im honestly looking to do this swap as cheap as possible and as fast as possible to get back on the road. my camaro is my daily driver and im car less right now so its kinda tough. but trust me guys using the work "cheap" in any reference to my car does hurt me and if it hurts you to then rightfully so! basically i need this car alive again asap! then come January i get my new ride and this one gets all the love in the garage that it deserves!!! so any help or advise guys?!? thx~
Old 07-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

hey well i guess i could use this as a "want to buy " thread too. let me know what you guys have out there! so far i have about one grand to spend!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

I think if you just got the 6.0 shortblock everything from your ls1 will swap over? I know the pan and acc. brackets wont work in your f-body.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

hey man, same thing happend to me...you can use everything from your top end and the only thing i needed was pistons and rods, rings, bearings, bore..i was in the same situation...i went ahead and did 918 springs so when i put my cam in it was that much less work(trust me well worth doing it then)if u dont already have cam and spring..u can use all your pullys and waterpump... if you wanna know anything else about it pm me or call/text me more than happy to help put another member....1-270-564-9742
Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

PM me if you have any questions or need any help. I just put an LQ9 in my camaro.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

so far so good guys thx
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need it back on the road fast and for cheap, I would be at crate engine depot and getting a brand new LS6 and dropping that in it for less than 4 grand.