Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck 6.0

Ok, i think im getting a 6.0 engine out of on of our work trucks this weekend. and not a moment to soon, i was shopping for cams for the old lt1!! My question, what is needed to run this in the firebird. Im not planning on keeping it stock, so would i just look for parts for an ls1? or what. i know i need a new k member. how about a harness and computer. i am getting the whole truck for nothing, so can i use the harness and computer out of it. any help would be awesome. thanks a lot
Old 07-14-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

been done and documented many times over, check the swap and conversions forum. all the general guidelines are present
Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Exclamation

first off all you must check the high of the intake. can you use the truck intake, or is it to high for your hood. if it is, you must change to a ls1 or a aftermarket intake. the wiring harness from the truck, needs Small modifications for the fan and fuel pump. if you need the ls1 style intake, you need to change all the front accessories on the engine. i have seen some adapters from lt1 to ls,lm,lq series engine mounts.
just a start..
reg Chris
Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

how about the heads. are they different. any ideas? i will probably change the intake anyway, the truck one is huge. but the harness is similar then?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The LS1 harness is different then the truck harness....the injectors are different and have different connectors. There are adapters that solve this issue, FAST makes some of them. If you want to swap to LS1/6 intake, you NEED the intake, rails and injectors and injector adapters if using the truck harness. Depending on the year of the truck, it might not have the ability to run electric fans.

Like NemeSS said, the conversion section is where you will find tons of info. What year of truck engine you getting. If hood clearance turns out not being an issue then just leave that intake on cuz in a stock engine its gonna work just as good as the LS1 anyways. If you wanna swap to LS1 intake you have to swap the pulleys to F body because the top idler on the truck setup will take up space that your TB needs to occupy. Also the truck alternator is floating up there pretty high too.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

gotcha. it is a 2004 3500 Express