Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls6 intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls6 intake swap

I just brougth a ls6 intake with the fuel rails and injectors that come off a '04cadillac cts-V. my questions is if I can do a direct swap using the injectors nad fuel rails? Are the injectors the same as my ls1's? All my emission system has been removed and my computer tuned so I dont have to worrie about the cover plates.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 297 Likes on 209 Posts

You are going to have to make sure that the o ring kit is the correct one. You can fit just about any injector in the LS manifold the o rings make all the difference. They are either right or wrong, and you'll know fast enough. The injectors are not the same as the ls1, but the flow rate is different so you will have to re tune. If am wrong some one will correct me soon enough. Oh if they are the CTS V fuel rails you will have to get a new fitting for the fuel feeding line.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02*C5
You are going to have to make sure that the o ring kit is the correct one. You can fit just about any injector in the LS manifold the o rings make all the difference. They are either right or wrong, and you'll know fast enough. The injectors are not the same as the ls1, but the flow rate is different so you will have to re tune. If am wrong some one will correct me soon enough. Oh if they are the CTS V fuel rails you will have to get a new fitting for the fuel feeding line.

I got the complete intake with fuelrails and the injectors together, do I need to change the O ring from the injectors?Where can I get the new feeding fuel line?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ask your injector question in the tuning section to find out whether or not they are the same flow rate. If not, & I think that02*C5 is correct, then the tune needs to be calibrated for the different flow rate of the Cadillac injectors. Because the injectors came mounted on the intake, you don't need to worry about the "o"-rings. As for the fuel line fitting. Ask what part number is needed for a Cadillac LS1 intake fuel rail fitting, in the fueling section. You will find the answers in the noted sections. Also, a mail order tuner like (LS1TECH sponsor, FROST) will be able to change the PCM software for the different injectors, once the difference has been confirmed. Hope this helps & Good-luck.