Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new pistons??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pistons??????

Ok well im in the middle of buliding a head cam ls1. When i took the motor out i saw that 7 of the pistons were letting oil through and they were a little loose. So needless to say now i need to do something about the problem before i finish putting the motor together. I was thinking of getting the block bored and getting forged pistons and rods. Im running low on monney for the motor and would like some sugestions on what would be the best rout to take that wont kill my pocketbook.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franksaltz28
Ok well im in the middle of buliding a head cam ls1. When i took the motor out i saw that 7 of the pistons were letting oil through and they were a little loose. So needless to say now i need to do something about the problem before i finish putting the motor together. I was thinking of getting the block bored and getting forged pistons and rods. Im running low on monney for the motor and would like some sugestions on what would be the best rout to take that wont kill my pocketbook.
Buy a set of MAHLE "powerpak" pistons, and upgrade your rods with ARP bolts, have it balanced and machined and go play imo.