Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on a new combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on a new combo

I am looking at changing out my conbo after deployment, I know things can change overnight, and year in Afghan is a lot of overnights. But. I am looking at a tried an true 382, maybe a 409. Forged bottom of course,around 11-11.5:1, and want the pistons to be able to take an additional 200-300Nitrous assisted HP. Was thinking for a cam, something in a 240/250 .6xx Solid Roller range instead of the normal Big Stock CI cams. Heads, well either AFR or very well ported LS6 mated to a TPIS or LSX intake and matching large TB. Truck coils to ignite the plugs also. Would like 500rwhp NA, and stroked should = approx assload of Torque and top with an occasional 300shot.
Other components to worry about, Trans...Cmotorsports Stage 2
4000 +/- stall
9" Rear with 3.50 gears
Suspension wise need a good TA, rest is all good already.
Edit tuning.
Some more welding to convert the 6pt rollbar into a cage.

Fuel System, I currently have 1x Walbro 340m Intank, will a second Walbro and a new -6 or -8 fuel line do the job, or not that detailed? The Nitrous Fuel Side will be supplied by the lines, no dedicated system, as of now. Need a new regulator, what???

What about everything else? Looking at a daily driver (or at least capable of it), and as quick as it will go at the track...want hi 8's.

Thanks,
Charlie.