Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of you with TSP shortblocks... Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Those of you with TSP shortblocks... Opinions?

Just looking for some feedback from those of you who have purchased TSP shortblocks. I am looking to either get into a 408 LQ9, 402 LS2 or 427 LS3 around tax time this year and was just wanting to get some feedback, negative or positive on the TSP shortblocks. They seem to have pretty good prices on them.

Also, I know that TSP doesn't actually do their own build work in house, who builds their engines?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd also like to hear some first hand expiriences with them....
Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zero4488
I'd also like to hear some first hand expiriences with them....
I bought mine last year, have only around 2500 miles on it

i´m glad i bought my shortblock from TSP, it´s a good personal service from them
i´m not local , i´m located in Iceland, but they are always ready to assist me when i need assist.

So i highly recomend them to others that are in some mod plans.
Talk to Matt when you need parts and he knows a lot, Jason about tuning and Jon is good in the engine stuff.

good prizes too.

Baezi
Iceland
Old 03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Default Tsp shortblocks

Unfortunately I bought a motor through TSP in 2007, and sat on it for a while, to find out when it was up and running, it had issues. I ran the motor a little in a blown setup, and that was what i had it built for and kept getting a tick from the motor, I thought it was no huge deal, it was probably a lifter. Well last month I decided that this setup was radical for what I was looking to do now with the car, so I took the engine to a reputable engine builder to have the pistons changed so i could go to a high compression NA motor. Well when the motor was taken apart, the reluctor wheel on the crank was hitting one of the pistons and there was metal shavings all over the inside the motor. So new bearings were needed, and also the piston to wall clearances weren't what they should have been, "especially for a blown application" so the cylinder walls showed a lot of overheating at the top where they were black. on top of everything my crank had some damage, which luckily was fixed with some polishing and a balance

I know it has been almost 3 years since this motor was purchased, so I doubt there would be anything that they could do for me, and in no way am I trying to bash TSP, but I thought I would share some of my problems I had with one of their motors.