Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible way to keep DOD

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible way to keep DOD

Anybody have any ideas to actually keep the DOD functions with still having certain performance mods,

everywhere i see ,everyone is ditching the DOD due to the lifter failure and just deleting it all together but i was wondering if it would be possible to keep it. i understand it cant be impossible but i have no idea where to start . and idk the logic behind it but was wondering what would happen if you were to swap out the lifters for the LS7 lifters and keep the rest of the DOD equipment ..? just wondering..
Old 01-13-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

guess everybpdy hates the DOD huh..lol
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

yeah, In my opinion. (and probably plenty of others) DOD sucks. personally i would assume that with more mods. even if you could get it to work, you would have a harder time keeping a tune. or problems with some of the new sexy parts that weren't made to work with it.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i figured i cant really do much with it and without it the car has its days like some days it seems to struggle and other day feels light as a feather. im thinking il try and keep it as long as i can and eventually do the DOD delete since no one can really make this work for them and dont really feel like tare apart my engine right now.. way to cold for that but thanks for the input
Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean by "certain performance mods"? I have an 09 Silverado with DOD/AFM. I've install Pacesetter longtubes without cats, a 25% underdrive pulley, a Meziere elec waterpump with low temp thermostat and a CAI. I even put an oil catch can on it(used a dryer from an air compressor). I'm going to add a TA performance girdle soon. I have a set of Patriot CNCed StageII heads and Comp Pro Mag 1.85 roller rockers and hardened pushrods waiting to go on. The only thing I'm not planning on installing currently is a cam. This truck is a crew cab I use to pull my shallow water catamaran to the boat launch so I can live without a performance cam and take advantage of the few extra miles per gallon DOD will offer me.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

yeah when i was sayin mods i meant in depth mod's. head's, cam, pistons. i
Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well yea i ment indepth. like idk about the truck motors but us LS4 guys cant install a cam with out removing the DOD because the lifters seem to take a **** on us and dont take well to the power ..