Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 swapped car, with Nitrous cam help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 swapped car, with Nitrous cam help

Ok guys, I'm looking on some cam advice. I was going to keep the internals of this car stock for now, but I decided I might as well put a cam in it right now while im wrenching on it and have some time to work on it.

Off the shelf or custom grind, IDC just as long as it is the right cam for the application.

Here is the specs on the car

2004 subaru wrx (yeah I know I need to post up some pics)
4.08 rear end
1 piece drive shaft
t56 transmission from a 99 camaro

LS1 modifications
LS6 intake manifold
Shorty headers 2.5 collector
dual 2.5 cut outs right after header collectors

Also has a 150 wet shot

Im looking for a good street/strip cam this is going to be my daily for non rainy days, I have other transportation when the weather gets rough. The car is going to be tuned by a very reputable tuner. Looking for a nice cam with some ***** that works well with this haha. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the heads are factory 99 ls1 heads and plan on using 93 octane.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

I wanna see this car
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
...with cheese.

It sounds like you've got a neat car man. Don't take me the wrong way here, but this topic has been discussed so many times. Do an advanced search for nitrous cams and start reading and doing research. You've got all that information at your fingertips with no need to prod answers out of anybody over several days.

Best of luck with your car
Old 02-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Oh, yeah I tottally understand, I'm just a little iffy on my heads/header situation.

Due to the fact they are shorties on stock heads im not really sure how to make the right selection, most guys run LT's so I'm not sure where to go at this point.

I doubt I would want to go bigger than an MS3
And I don't think I would want to go smaller than like a 228r
Also looking into the CheatR cams from TR they say they respond well to nitrous and have a stock like idle, I've got a magnaflow muffler for the exhaust and a can at the back so it should be fairly quiet with the cut outs closed and should be able to open em up when I want to smoke some STI's and they won't know what to think lol
Old 02-10-2010, 04:12 PM
...with cheese.

When you get ready to purchase a cam, and I mean like credit card in hand. Call up any one of these sponsors and have them spec you a cam. For no more money then they make on these cams you can understand how they probably don't enjoy spending long periods of time spec'ing cams for tire kickers, "not saying you are," just keep that in mind when you get ready to drop the hammer. Texas Speed would be my first choice; good selection, knowledgeable staff. I've used a lot of different companies and always end up back with them.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Teching In

I filled out a sheet for futral, I have an ls1 head and cam s13 drift car also. They specced that cam for me and it blows the tires off in every gear lol, so I sent them one for my subaru now. They told me they would have my specs in a few days so I'm just going to roll with that.