Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads leaking?? any1 else's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default heads leaking?? any1 else's?

ok heres the deal, i just put in a new block new heads and bolts with new gaskets so everything is new.. and finally got done and went to pour the radiator fluid in and it starts coming out of the head bolt .. it was coming out of the top ones by the intake... and it was on both sides??

we did the trq correctly and put the gaskets on correct also?? and re-checked it after it was leaking to make sure and it was still right?? it was coming out of at least 3 bolts and i didnt even take the intake off to see which ones were leaking under that!!!

any ideas on what could have happend???because i have no clue!!!! thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 01:01 AM
8 Second Club

Did you angle torque the heads? Did you remove all of the water in the bolt holes before installing the heads? Did you use the stock GM gasket for a 98 car? If no to any of these questions then that's the problem.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

but i dont know if its a 98 block and the heads are pariot 5.3's!!! ???
Old 12-29-2003, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Moved to internal engine...
Old 12-30-2003, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you put the crossover tube on? If you have the LS6 intake you need to put the front crossover tube on and the cross over tube *blockers*, *stops* whateve you want to call them on the rear of the heads. If you have an LS1 intake oyu need the big X shaped crossover tube installed that connects the heads at all four corners, well you don't need it but you have to have one of the two setups installed. If you don't then yes water/coolant will pour out of the heads. I'm guessing this is more than likely your problem, because other than that there is NO way coolant could be sitting that high up on the engine.

-Sly