Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with knowledge of Patriot Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with knowledge of Patriot Heads

Patriot part # 2015... Can anyone tell me the valve free drop dimension so I don't have to take my heads off to clay them?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Patriot heads are not exactly known for having the best quality control of there products, I'm not saying there heads are bad or not worth the money. But as in any out of box shelf head being trickflows, afr's, edelbrock, etc should always be checked. You would probally have a better shot out of box with AFR, Trickflows vs a generic or even some name brand less expensive replacemnet heads, these type of peices are usually tested once for spec and then the rest are slapped together to ship as inexpensively as possible only till they see a real problem will they go back through and recheck guide alignment, spring rates, etc, etc. The better know company's will often go back through these heads and recheck them every xx number to make sure equipemnt and hardware they are using is still in spec to maintain a good reputation.

Last edited by LS1 Coupe; 04-04-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

I already own a set of the Patriot 2015s. Was wondering if anyone know the Valve free drop dimension so I could calculate piston to valve clearance is all. My Patriot heads perform just find and make great power. Thanks for the information though.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Called Patriot and they said they don't have this information. I sure picked a winner.