Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple interesting questions for tsp h/c packages

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default couple interesting questions for tsp h/c packages

Ok my car 99 C5 RPM built trans, RPM built rear 3.90 gears, spec twin, vararam, full exhaust, ls6 intake, ported TB, and dyno tuned. Car has gone 12.62@115mph on street tires launching off idle and spinning really bad. Planning to go 11.9x the way it sits on DR's.

Anyways, I just got a NOS wet plate kit, and wanna pickup a nice h/c package along with injectors and ud pulled from tsp. Looking at either the MS3 on a 113 with stage 1 ls6 heads(stock size valves), MS3 with 5.3L heads, or the Tsunami withstage 2.5 LS6 heads (bigger valves)

Here are the questions:

1. Can I mill the MS3 and stage 1 heads for more compression? 10.75 or more? Wanna use stock head gasket with any setup.

2. How much less power will the MS3 make with the 5.3's compared to stage 1 LS6's? I know the added compression will really help with the spray.

3. Lastly, can the 2.5 heads be milled with the tsunami for more compression? Will the bigger valves hurt the torque? The high lift on the intake also scares me with spraying.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowtealz28
Ok my car 99 C5 RPM built trans, RPM built rear 3.90 gears, spec twin, vararam, full exhaust, ls6 intake, ported TB, and dyno tuned. Car has gone 12.62@115mph on street tires launching off idle and spinning really bad. Planning to go 11.9x the way it sits on DR's.

Anyways, I just got a NOS wet plate kit, and wanna pickup a nice h/c package along with injectors and ud pulled from tsp. Looking at either the MS3 on a 113 with stage 1 ls6 heads(stock size valves), MS3 with 5.3L heads, or the Tsunami withstage 2.5 LS6 heads (bigger valves)

Here are the questions:

1. Can I mill the MS3 and stage 1 heads for more compression? 10.75 or more? Wanna use stock head gasket with any setup.

2. How much less power will the MS3 make with the 5.3's compared to stage 1 LS6's? I know the added compression will really help with the spray.

3. Lastly, can the 2.5 heads be milled with the tsunami for more compression? Will the bigger valves hurt the torque? The high lift on the intake also scares me with spraying.
1- PTV is already tight. If you flycut you can mill.

2- who knows

3- first part, see #1. Second part, they could if the bigger valves lower the port efficiency. They could also hurt horsepower if the throat diameter or chamber work isn't changed with the bigger valve. Third part - why the hell would lift scare you from spraying??
Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a little more $ get Trick Flow 220s.