Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need help asap

i am putting a rebuilt 418ci stroker 6l truck motor in my 98 t/a and ran into some problems..

1. the alternator bracket only has one hole on the block.. besides drilling the other one, there is still the third one not in use?

2. i bought head bolts for a 04 chevy pickup with the 6.0l in it and the middle bolts are 2 inches too long. i had my old ls1 motor sitting beside it and they are also two inches too long. (6 inches) put the bolt in and its a little over 2 inches too long. anyone know what bolts im supposed to get?

3. im running my stock ls1 oil pan and i put it on and had major clearancing issues. i had to completely remove the windage tray.. and the front rod bolts still hit the oil pan where its already has a little recess in it.. so i started grinding away.. do they sell a bigger oil pan that still fits the k member?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will have to drill and tap the 2nd alternator hole. You don't have to run the 3rd.

Sounds like the block is post '04 which will require the all short LS2-style head bolts. You can get those in GM bolts or ARP bolts or studs.

There are aftermarket pans out there that have a little more room. You can use a couple 3/8" flat washers on each of the windage tray studs to gain clearance for the windage on the crank. If it is hitting the pan as well, you will have to grind the pan to allow for some more clearance. It shouldn't take much to get it to clear.

Let me know if you have any other questions and we'll get you fixed up!

Jon