Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T&D rockers? Who has them working? What are your mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T&D rockers? Who has them working? What are your mods?

I have searched the forum for people who are successfully running the T&D shaft mount rockers or the comp cams shaft mount rockers. The only threads I have found are people that have sold them. That is leading me to believe that there is an inherent problem with these rockers.

Who is successfully running T&D shaft mount adjustable rockers in the 1.7 ratio? Who has successfully run them with bigger valves? Who is running them with ls6 heads? If you have got them working what are the rest of your mods?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

T&D makes comps shaft mounts for them.

You will have to shim up the entire pedestal mount to get them to work. If you try to mount the pedestal to the head, you will have issues with pushrod geometry and the pushrod slots in the heads.

I'm running them on a set of 243's and had to shim them up ~0.170" to get a 7.35" pushrod to work successfully.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Launching!

plus you probably can't run stock valve covers I used Katech. I had t&d rockers for my car when it was a solid roller I went back to hydraulic and I'm using stock rockers now. I assume you're going solid roller otherwise I wouldn't use the t&d rockers there a waste.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GasTiresandOil
T&D makes comps shaft mounts for them.

You will have to shim up the entire pedestal mount to get them to work. If you try to mount the pedestal to the head, you will have issues with pushrod geometry and the pushrod slots in the heads.

I'm running them on a set of 243's and had to shim them up ~0.170" to get a 7.35" pushrod to work successfully.
I have shimmed the mounts up to ensure that the pushrod geometry is correct. I have gone so far as to make sure the centerline between the main trunnion bearing and the tip bearing is exactly 90 degrees to the valve step at half lift. I am not really looking to solve my problems anymore. I am looking for people that have them working and what mods they have because I dont think anyone has them working.

Are you running hydraulic or solid lifters? What rpm can you rev to? Do you have stock 243 valves or bigger valves? What valve springs? What cam? Please list your mods.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by laughatrice
plus you probably can't run stock valve covers I used Katech. I had t&d rockers for my car when it was a solid roller I went back to hydraulic and I'm using stock rockers now. I assume you're going solid roller otherwise I wouldn't use the t&d rockers there a waste.
I have hydraulic lifters. I guess they are going to be a waste and I will just send them back.

Quick Reply: T&D rockers? Who has them working? What are your mods?