Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel injector upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel injector upgrade

What is the threshold or criteria for installing higher flow injectors in an 04 GTO LS1? I have a mild cam and springs and don't have an issue carrying 60psi fuel pressure and controlling my AFR. At what point after better heads should I start looking at higher flow injectors? If I install higher flow injectors now will they supply only what the engine needs at any given time or will I run into an overly rich or overfuelling problem? Just because an injector is good for say, 60lbs/hr, will it only supply what the engine needs or will it wash the engine down? Is it a hp threshold? I prefer a scientific method rather than trial and error.
Thanks,
Peter
02G0200
Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bigger injectors can be approximated to what HP they can handle. But it really comes down to duty cycle. Typically you don't want to go past 80-90% duty cycle to retain control over your injector. EFILive or HPTuners are typically used to get this data.

If you go to to 100% duty cycle, the injector never turns off, its just constantly trying to spray fuel to keep up with the demand.

You tell the PCM how big your injectors are, with other info, and it will adjust everything so you shouldn't see much change in anything. Although you dont want to go too large on you injector because the larger the injector, the harder time it has with idle with less control at very short commanded on times.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
This seems to be the info that I needed.
Peter
02G0200