Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some problems and questions about new setup im doing...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some problems and questions about new setup im doing...

*Main topic here is car not running right after cam install, tossed intake **** in here to help not flood boards with posts. Last mods done were Cam/Vig 4200/Tranny build and tune obviously*

Incoming text wall...

Me and my tuner *good tuner taught by NicD* have been fighting with this problem for awhile now... Heres the skinny... *i just said that*

Mods are listed below, everything was doing alright till I tossed the car on the dyno. Afterwards I feel im running reaaaalllly rich due to the fact at idle and low rpms ONLY after a start im smoking, but while driving or at a stop light after the initial backing out of a parking spot etc etc nothing.

As long as my foot is on the gas the car is running pretty smooth. If i toss a rev on it sometimes it'll rev up and then drop below idle and sometimes die. Also if cruising say at 45 no foot on gas it'll surge jumping 200-400rpms over and over in a rhythm. When it tries to die feathering throttle will bring her back before she kills herself.. So it makes me think its air/fuel ****.

Also on start up especially a non cold start sometimes it'll fire up rev to around 1500-2000 and drop down and die, ill then have to crank it for a few secs and it'll fire up and ill have to baby the throttle for a few secs till it idles on its own. It smokes while doing this also.

Its a gaseous im pig rich smoke smell and color wise.

P.S. the Arizona Summer heat is melting my MTI clear lid

Weak points im looking at are:
-Stock injectors "they are at 96% duty at WoT" lol
-Stock intake manifold aka its choking
-Factory MAF

I have changed the IAC for a shiny new one, no luck. Also the car has 146k and is daily driven which leads me to my war on air restriction...

FAST 102MM set up!

I just re-enlisted and my bonus will be here soon, to be spent on.
-FTP or Lingenfelter 100mm MAF
-Ported Vengeance 102mm FAST LSX-R intake
-102mm Nick Williams TB
-Either Ford or Racetronix 42lb injectors
-FTP 104mm lid

Other than the gaskets and things for this what other items will i need for this top end set up? How will the car run on the current tune with these parts in? Anything i should not install till im at my tuners? What do ya'll thing could be causing this problem?

P.S. The dying happend a little "very rare though" when we first moved here to Arizona from texas, car was trailered here so i dont think something broke on the trip here obviously. So i think the thinner air at elevation might be contributing to this...

Last edited by vivenvex; 07-02-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump?

anyone out there have a clue?