Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure about vacuum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure about vacuum?

I am trying to find out on my LS1 if I can have vacuum hooked up to the engine to control functions like heater h-valve and inside vents of the car if I don't have emissions?

I was under the impression they were part of the same systme but am not really sure?
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cfgioja
I am trying to find out on my LS1 if I can have vacuum hooked up to the engine to control functions like heater h-valve and inside vents of the car if I don't have emissions?

I was under the impression they were part of the same systme but am not really sure?
Though they do use the same vacuum nipples on the intake manifold the vacuum system is not dependant on emissions system being present to operate. I am sure that your intake manifold has some of the old vacuum nipples still on it that are capped. If you need a vacuum source for your other accessories such as a heater core coolant bypass valve then just uncap one nipple and plumb it into one of the vac lines for the heater valve and HVAC vents.

Think of it this way. How many turbocharged racecars have all emissions deleted but still run a boost/vacuum gauge. The gauge wouldn't be able to read vacuum unless plumbed into an engine vacuum source.