Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Pressure?

This is in my rock crawler. The pressure seems kind of low. Are these gauges usually fairly accurate? I'm probably going to install a mechanical gauge on the fitting above the oil filter to get a little more peace of mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1AGNwJ1r0c
Old 07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Banned

Is that a mechanical gauge in their now? Is the oil run right into the back of it? Air in the line will cause it to read low. A gauge at the filter would cure any doubts. As long as everything is mechanically sound you can always put a bigger spring in the pump for more pressure.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont feel bad my car is doing the same f'ing thing, almost the exact pressure, i replaced the o ring then the pump then another o ring, and still the same, now i gotta go and get an oil pressure gauge to see if mine is messed up
Old 07-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Is that a mechanical gauge in their now? Is the oil run right into the back of it? Air in the line will cause it to read low. A gauge at the filter would cure any doubts. As long as everything is mechanically sound you can always put a bigger spring in the pump for more pressure.

That is an electronic gauge in the video. I believe the sending unit is autometer adapted in the stock ls1 location at the rear behind the intake.