Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Running Lean

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Running Lean

I have a LS 1 Gen III in my 04 GTO and have been getting a check engine light. I pulled the codes and it came up the engine was running lean. I have put a K&N Cold Air Intake and a bigger Mass Air Flow sensor on. I was wondering if I bought a DiabloSport Tunner or a Super Chip Tunner and changed the air to fuel ratios would this fix my problem?
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

What were the codes that your car was throwing? It could be something as simple as an oxgen sensor or bad MAF reading. You can always switch back to your orginal MAF sensor and see if that helps as well. I would not reccomend buying one of those hand held tuners.

Post the trouble codes and we can go from there!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

For the price of a handheld tuner you could have a dynotune
Old 07-10-2010, 12:04 PM

I dont remember the numbers but bank one and two were running lean. He said I may have a loose wire or could switch back to the original MAF. The problem is I am in an apartment right now and the original is in storage. I was hoping I could change the Air/Fuel ratio and fix the problem. I don't want to burn up my engine. The Check Engine light will come on for a little while then it will go out for a while, and so on.