Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

people read please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default people read please help

well i'm driving down us1 and my car stalls and wouldn't start back up so i pull off and it sounds like i have a dead battery. real slow turning so i wait a few seconds and it starts. i'm driving home to check **** out and the low oil light flashes really quick then oil pressure surges around abit then droppes to zero. i immediately shut the car off and pull over. I check the dipstick and theres no oil on it. i check under the car and no drips or nothing. So i get some oil and fill it to till it's good on the dipstick. try starting the car and no pressure so i let it run about 5 seconds to see if it builds and i shut it down.

WTF i just did the full head and cam package long tubes and everything. i don't have money to be replacing bearrings and stuff. i'm hoping it didn't hurt the bearings and all that happened was the pump failed.

Help me

TIA
MIKE
Old 01-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Restricted User

Did you mess with the oil pump at all?
If so, you prpbably messed up the infamous o-ring of death! If it was only a brief moment of no oil pressure, you could be ok. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:31 PM
jfm
10 Second Club

Or your oil pump took a dirt nap.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which if it did, it can ruin the bearings and score the crank rather quickly; I speak from experience. Good luck, seriously.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

i put a new oring in when i pulled the cam cuz it needed a new timing chain. and the bolt on the pick up tube was torqued perfect i've heard the horror stories. i think the pump ate it