Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft grindable??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankshaft grindable??

my crankshaft suffer some oil problem. the bearing damage the rotating assembly. this is for an LQ4.

I stop by a local horsepower shop and ask about a new rotating assembly. i told him my situation and he said that the crankshaft i have can be grind smooth and have a slight bigger bearing and it would work fine and would be alot cheaper. what do you guys think about this? im looking to just do the basic nuthin more than 500RWHP. your input is appreciate.

updated: found this on ebay. a direct replacement kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...Q5fAccessories

the price sound okay with me. i still need the piston rods. it suffer some scratch there too

Last edited by defdaboss; 11-04-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 AM
11 Second Club

Yes it will work if you grind it down and use a custom bearing. Be careful with that ebay link, if you look at it, says it has been reground. IMO that does not look likea reputable item. Also, could have some junk bearings.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
Yes it will work if you grind it down and use a custom bearing. Be careful with that ebay link, if you look at it, says it has been reground. IMO that does not look likea reputable item. Also, could have some junk bearings.
I will drink to that.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i did catch that and thought about their reputation. didnt really felt like i could trust it. i'll take my chance at regrounding it. this project is going to take a while cuz i want to build the head,custom headers and such before i put them in.

Quick Reply: Crankshaft grindable??