Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left bank of cylinders running cooler??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Left bank of cylinders running cooler??

I had my car tuned the other day and my tuner noticed the left bank cylinders 2 4 6 and 8 were running about 100 degrees less than the right bank. All plugs are new tr55's gapped at .050 and I was running bp 93 octane. I have aftermarket fuel rails and steel braided lines with the feed line coming to the front of the driver side and the crossover in back. I have the mods in my sig all is current up to date.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? Maybe if I move the crossover in front with a t fitting to the driver rail and crossover to the front of the passenger rail so both rails would get fuel at almost the same time? My tuner also mentioned something about a ground not being tight possibly? PCM ground or something? Any ideas?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a wild *** guess would be coolant flow differences between heads for some reason...
Old 12-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume the headers that are cooler, highly doubt that fuel supply has anything to do with it, I had a similar setup, inlet drivers rear, crossover in front, and return on pass rear, with 65# injectors at 100% DC and still had no issues. Could you provide any more info?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Sure thing.. the passenger side header is a brand new 1 3/4" american racing header. While the driver side is the same as the passenger but has 8000 miles on it. The heads are cnc'ed 243s with sodium/hollow valves. When we were pulling the plugs #1 and #2 looked rich compared to the others. The injectors are FAST 36lb'ers and I'm not sure of the duty cycle but I should be plenty safe. Since this is an 01 there is a coolant plug on the back of each head and I'm still running the stock coolant crossover line in front. The coolant was brand new 50/50 dexcool. Oil was brand new German Castrol 0w30. Maf was clean and slight film of oil in the intake. The plug wires are MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires. All cylinders were firing.

I know there is a lot of random *** info here I just gave whatever I thought might be helpful at all. Any other questions/info needed guys?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the 'crappy' flattened exhaust pipe that comes stock the extra backpressure could make some temp increase...the drivers side exhaust is ussually more circuitous than the passenger side.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

I have american racing headers 1 3/4" stainless headers and their 3" ory pipe... I got rid of that junk *** stock exhaust immediately. My car is getting a rebuilt motor right now and the heads gone through so we'll check the temps again on the dyno when its ready. Anyone else have ideas?