Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant find oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cant find oil leak

So my car recently started leaking oil occasionally. By occasionally I mean every few days it would leak, now it is starting to leak about everyday. I wiped it down and got it up in the air to see if I could find it by running it and checking the font cover, oil pan, filter, heads etc and cold not find it. It is somehow getting all over the betls and flinging oil everywhere so when it does leak i cant find it. The front cover oil pan, normal stuff etc lookd dry, all the pulleis/alternator etc are covered in oil along with the hood. When it leaks, it prolly only leaks maybe 2-3 ounces. Also, it is not the dipstick, oil cap on the head, or the pressure release ports on top of the heads that recirculate to the TB. When it dripps, it seems to drip in the middle front of the engine. It seems like it leaks worse when I top it off w/ oil and I make sure to keep it at 5.5-6 quarts. any ideas?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oil seal in the timing cover? Maybe the power steering cooler or lines? I know it's hard to find the source once the oil gets slung around everywhere by the accessory belts and fans. Good luck.