Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$$ dif in solid vs hyd roller

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default $$ dif in solid vs hyd roller

So Im bouncing back and fourth with a new motor build, hell to be honest im bouncing back and forth between selling my car and keeping it.

If if I put another motor in it i know its going to be 400+ cubes and more than likely LS3 based.

Ive talked to Thunder Racing alot about a hyd 418 with AFR 230s, but ive been thinking alot about just going all out with a nasty high rpm solid roller with vic jr/sr and an accufab and dealing with the maintenence.

The main concern is price difference. My car only comes out to street race/go to the track.

Pros and cons?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

solid roller will be more expensive. lifters are not cheap and you will want shaftmount rockers (also not cheap). You will need the heads machined to accept larger diameter springs because of the higher seat pressure needed with a high revving solid roller.

Pros. less worry about killing valvetrain at high rpms. and more power. Solid roller isnt really that much more maintainance, really all you have to do is periodically check your valve springs and adjust lash every once in a while.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With your application I would go solid roller without a doubt. Your going to pick up power everywhere so why not do it, its worth the cost