Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is port matching TFS 235s to Fast intake worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default How much is port matching TFS 235s to Fast intake worth?

Brian Tooley made this comment in another thread. "A good port match on the TFS heads/Fast intake is very important and can only be performed with the intake disassembled and those parts mocked up on a block and the heads must have material removed. Anythink less than this leaves power on the table."

Does anyone know what kind of power difference this makes? For reference I have a 427. Also this would have to be done by a prossional head porter I assume?

Since most people that purchase TFS 235 use fast intakes why wouldn't this be an option form the manufacturer. I know each setup may be different but it seems like they could make it closer if it's off that much.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

chrss1313 did a thread involving a trick flow head and a fast intake.he made some rubber intake gaskets and port matched them, for between the heads and intake.I believe he used .200 thick gaskets,contact him and he could maybe make some for you .I also believe mr gasket makes some intake shim gaskets for ls1 to raise the intake to match the head port.vengeance racing does alot of trick flow heads and fast intake combos,maybe contact them.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be watching this thread closely. I just sent my fast 92 to Brian to work his magic on with a set of tfs 225's I bought through him. I never questioned the gains that would be obtained by doing this because I knew it was the correct way of doing it. Now you got me curious.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a lot of variables that go into this,and each setup will align the port differently.If there is a very small mismatch,you may gain 2-3,if there is a bad matchup,then maybe 7-8 would be my guess.I would think with the tfs heads and fast there wouldnt be much of a gain.