Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

here's my problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here's my problems

ok so 02 camaro ss. just rebuilt at 160,000 miles. put in all new bearings, new pistons (stock) new rings, cam, 243 heads. first off, ive gotten about 5000 miles on it and now things are acting weird. so, at idle, i notice a little consensation puffing out and a small wet area on the ground (not fuel and not using coolant). on hard deceleration, i get alot of oil burning smoke. oil pressure starts out about 50 and slowly drops to about 15. already replaced the o-ring. when at low oil pressure, i started hearing some lifter noise so i cut it off and parked it. ordered a heavy duty oil pump. havent installed it. any ideas. valve seals? no metal in oil
Old 04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Ttt....
Old 04-21-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who rebuilt the engine, If you what were your bearing clearances? If someone else is there a build sheet with any of the specs? The puffs of smoke could be valve seals, but that would not cause the loss of oil pressure. Do a compression check first thats where I would start. Did you re-use the OE oil pump?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Launching!

I did the rebuild. Its weird that everything was perfect for so long. And it all started when i slammed on the brakes in traffic. I know that isnt what caused the problem, just weird that it started then. I put a new oil pump in it, but it was stock aftermarket. Im hoping its just the oil pump because over a months period it got lower and lower, then i heard some lifter noise so i stopped driving it. I just ordered at ported heavy duty from slp. Hope that fixes that. And i kinda figured valve seals were causing the smoke. Got new one already. I just feel better when more people give me input.