Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stutter/bogging issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stutter/bogging issue

Alright so I'll start off, its a 2002 Camaro LS1 M6, 32K. Headers, full exhaust, and SLP intake.
I bought the car a month ago, and its been running fine up untill yesterday. I get in the car yesterday to go get it inspected and I noticed that it was hesitating/stuttering in low rpms, and heavy acceleration - full throttle. But once in the mid rpms, and up to 3/4 throttle it acts normal. So on the highway, I put it in 3rd gear and went full throttle, service engine soon light came on flashing, but after a few seconds of being in 6th gear just cruising it turned off.

Now the car usually stutters when its raining or I just washed it, but that literally only last probably 5 minutes then the car is warm and it gives me no problems. But I'm lost, and I'm no mechanic, just love fast cars so I have no idea where to start, especially seeing there were no symptoms other than me driving home from work no problems, to getting in the car and having problems.

The other thing is I changed the oil the night before it started acting up, drove to work and back home and it never acted up, just a pleasent drive to and from. I checked the oil, its still in the engine so I know that not leaking... please help. Thank you!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by therealjcamry
Alright so I'll start off, its a 2002 Camaro LS1 M6, 32K. Headers, full exhaust, and SLP intake.
I bought the car a month ago, and its been running fine up untill yesterday. I get in the car yesterday to go get it inspected and I noticed that it was hesitating/stuttering in low rpms, and heavy acceleration - full throttle.
We use the word "full" around here in ways that bend the mind, full engine builds, full bolt-ons, full etc. But I'll try to conform.

Sounds like your problem shows up when you're running in full closed loop mode, and goes away when you go into full PE mode.

Could possibly be a full dirty MAF, or a bad full O2 sensor.

Especially if your full SLP intake has a full K&N or other full oiled gauze filter, and too much full oil was used. It gunks up the filament in the MAF sensor.

Whip out your scantool, get some full data on both O2 sensors as well as the MAF while the engine is running. If that's a no-go, grab a full can of MAF Sensor Cleaner from the parts store, remove your MAF, and carefully hose the full sensor filament, full screen, and full interior walls.

And then try posting in the full correct forum like Engine Tuning & Diagnostics.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize for putting **** in my description, I'll try not to use it anymore in case it offends anyone else. But none the less, thank you for being help***

Quick Reply: Stutter/bogging issue