Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engines apart, is this the stock oil pump?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines apart, is this the stock oil pump?

Ok so im in the middle of fixing a blown headgasket, im installing 243 heads and some other stuff, in sig. thats where my questions come in, i took the timing cover off and i noticed for 130k that everything looks really! clean. i was planning on replacing the oil pump and timing chain (i already have ls2 chain and sprockets) and i was gonna buy an ls6 oil pump. but........im wondering if someone already installed a better than stock oil pump? the previous owner put the cam in and he supposedly had the motor rebuilt but i never believe people when they say that. they didnt install new valve springs so i kinda figured they cut corners..... when i took the timing cover off i started to think maybe he wasnt lieing.......the oil pan gasket looks really new and the oil pick up tube looks really new also. so let me know what you guys think....does this pump look stock. im also starting a thread on whether or not my crankshaft is scratched, check it out.
Attached Thumbnails Engines apart, is this the stock oil pump?-oil-pump-scratched-crankshaft-005.jpg   Engines apart, is this the stock oil pump?-oil-pump-scratched-crankshaft-006.jpg   Engines apart, is this the stock oil pump?-oil-pump-scratched-crankshaft-007.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Looks pretty new to me. No way it has 130,000 on it
Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Looks new 2 me as well