Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what rods, pistons, rings for nitrous build?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what rods, pistons, rings for nitrous build?

I'm looking at going with a 250shot. will a standard piston with a nitrous ring set work fine or do I need a nitrous specific piston? I'm unsure what rods and pistons I will need for the bottom end build. I will be using stock crank and stock block. the bore will be left alone, maybe just a hone if there are no problems when I get a look inside of the old motor. the car made 430@ the wheels on motor with heads and cam. i'm guessing with a bottom end and some minor changes 450@ the wheels plus the 250 shot. what parts would you guys suggest for this type of power?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
9 Second Club

Bump.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For a stock cubed setup I'd go with Callies Compstar rods and Wiseco pistons. The Compstar rods come standard with the ARP2000 rod bolts and the Wiseco's come standard with a steel top/napier 2nd ring set, as well as skirt coating without having to pay more!

Let us know if we can help!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
9 Second Club

matt, what kind of HP are those parts rated for? my nitrous kit will be a direct port setup. i will start with 250shot. but what if I want to go bigger later. i'd say max i'd ever spray is 350. i dont want to build a bottom end twice.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, as long as your fuel supply and tune are up to it, they can handle all of that and then some! But keep in mind, power handling is not entirely up to the short block components, but also the cam specs and much more!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: what rods, pistons, rings for nitrous build?