Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to forge 90k LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Looking to forge 90k LS1

I'm starting to look to gather information on parts that I need after the track closes at the end of November and if my stock shortblock makes it that long.

I've been looking at Scoggin Dickey, TSP, HKE, LME, AES all the sponsors and I'm not sure if I want to send my block out and pay shipping for it all when I have a lot of good race shops in my area here in NC. I'm re-using most of the parts I have like the block, crank, cam, valvetrain(looking at new lifters and maybe springs)and 241 heads.

I want the CR to be between 9.3:1-9.7:1 with the 241's chamber size and later down the road a little lower at 9.1:1 with a larger aftermarket head and combustion chamber.

I'm pretty much sold on the compstar rods, but not sure whether I need the I-beams added strength or if the H-beams will suffice. I have also seen the lunati pro mod I-beams and they look pretty good too for the price. I've heard the H-beam callies can do 1000-1200 which is a good bit more than what they rate them for, and that the I beams can do 1500. 6.125" rod is what I want I'm pretty sure.

I like the looks of the Wiseco pistons in the 3.903" bore and -11cc dished coated variety with steel rings. I also have heard Diamond and JE make a nice piston along with Ross. Trying as hard as possible to stay off the shelf and not go custom. I'm 95% sure I can get an off the shelf that will work for what I want it to do.

Bearings I'm not sold on a company, or coatings either. Is it worth it to have them coated?

What kinda machine shop bill am I looking at for assembling, honing, line boring, decking, balancing etc. etc.?

I am looking to run 13-14psi on the street on pump 93+meth with my PT76 should make 650-700rwhp call it 675rwhp. At the track which I go to a lot, I would run 16-18 psi on 110+meth and it should make at least 800rwhp there, with a 20psi 20-22* 11.8 afr max effort tune not being out of the question for 900rwhp on 110 and straight m1 methanol injection. Am I asking for too much or can I do this with the said parts and obviously the stock crank? Rods come with ARP 2000's would L-19's be overkill? ARP main studs and head studs also 3/8" with LS9 gaskets should hold that amount of boost in.

Let me know what you all think, I plan on turning it to 6400-6600 rpm with the 241 heads and 227/224 114 cam, can't remember lift, but I have 918's with maybe 8-10k on them. I plan on doing Mast 12* small bore 6 bolt heads in the future and getting a new cam next season or two, hell I might want something with more c.i. by then, I dunno we will see.