Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding LS1, couple ?s

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rebuilding LS1, couple ?s

Looking to start rebuilding my LS1, I'm wanting to do H/C/I and possibly a 75-100 shot of Nitrous.

Mainly I'm looking for information on the Thunder Racing Trex cam, I've read a few threads on it and I've heard they are insane and make a huge difference, however those threads are old...is there anything out now that can compare to it?

And would I benifit more by using a set of 243 heads to make things flow a little better or would I be better off getting my 5.3 heads ported and bumping up the compression? I'm new to the hole nitrous scene and not really sure what is reccomened when spraying.

So far I have the following:
LS1 (stock cubes)
ARP Rod bolts
PAC 1218 valve springs
PP Typhoon intake
Ported and polished TB
Pacesetter "race" headers

I just need some insight on what cam would benefit me the most along with the best stock heads.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello , what's up ? The best bet for You would be to go to the top of this forum (gen3 internal engine) and the 3rd sticky down (got cam,heads, rocker , machining questions about ls1, ls2, ls6 read me first) and scroll down to the very end and just below that stickies poster (Patrick G) it says in blue "custom camshaft speciaist" for custom camshaft help press HERE . He is very knowledgable and will help You not only with a camshaft but with the proper procedure of parts and part selection , there is a best order . You just tell him what engine and mods You have so far ,,,,,,,,what You want to accomplish ,,,,,,and he'll tell You what You need as far as stall convertor , cam, bolt ons ..........etc . He charges a small fee but is well worth it .