Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started my Cam and Header install

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Started my Cam and Header install

Well, yesterday afternoon I started. I've got bruised and bloddy knuckles to prove it. Any words of advice? I havent gotten inside the engine yet, and I'm not putting my headers on until I ge the valvesprings swapped. I do have the manifold on the drivers side off. Do I need to remove the starter to get the pass side off?
Old 03-18-2004, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

i did so i didnt have to stress anything. People say it can be done without but it takes alot of patience and when you under a car like that, you all will agree with me when something isnt going smooth, there is no such thing as patience. Its an easy step just pay attention to how you took it off and dont loose the small screw! Good Luck!

Scott
Old 03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

I installed pacesetter did not remove starter only need to remome one end of steering shaft, good info on headers and cam install on ls1howto.com and ls1tuning.com I know very little about tuning but do have 231/237 idleing at 675-700 rpms if I may help PM or Email , if a4 to hold flywheel to remove pulley try insert a tool into 2" inspection on botton of bellhouseing to hold flywheel
make tool as::
2" x 1/8" x 12-14" bar stock cut as following ( notch in side is to lock itself in hole )

\/\/\/\/
l.......l
l......<<
l.......l
l.......l
l.......l