Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Engine Problems by Sympton
Print Wikipost

Engine issues!! HELP!! 2000 camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine issues!! HELP!! 2000 camaro SS

4 days ago after getting gas and letting the car sit for the time i was in the gym (1-1 1/2hrs) i proceeded home when i didnt even got a block and the car started to buck and felt like i had no gas. I got out and fiddled with the gas cap which felt loose and everything was fine. Flash to yesterday, trip to gym no problems, come back out start the car and was having a conversation when the tone of my ca changed and i could hear it running terrible. Exhaust not was choppy and sounded like it was backfireing, also felt as if air was being sucked into the tailpipes and not firing out of them, then the check engine light started to flash. Played with the gas cap a little bit and was able to get home but the car wasnt running right. ANY SUGGESTION!!

Key Points- about 2 months ago I installed LT headers, removed my cats (ORY) and removed all my emissions (AIR,EGR). I have not gotten my PCM retuned for that so my check enhine light has been on anyway. once this happened i immediatly thought of my computer and ordered a tune from PCMforless calibrated for my upgrades. Please Help! My poor baby!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Vacuum leaks? Check every possible way air can get in the engine besides how it's supposed to.

However, you mentioned gas...first thing after a visual inspection would be to put some fuel stabilizer in it and top it off with the highest grade gas you can get. I would replace the fuel filter as well if it turns out to be bad gas. But wait until you get it running right and all the old gas out of the tank so you don't plug the new filter up
Old 02-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flashing light usually means misfire. check plugs and wire connections... fuel filter would only give you troubles at WOT as it needs the most fuel then

Quick Reply: Engine issues!! HELP!! 2000 camaro SS