Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Application Distance From MAF to TB

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Application Distance From MAF to TB

Hey all, I have an LM7 with a nasty little cam and ported heads going into a jet boat. The motor's almost ready to go in and I can't believe I missed this. I discovered today that I have NO MAF sensor to speak of!! So, I'm going to have to get this worked out. I see lots of threads where people are asking how far to go, and the most common answer is "in the stock location". This is a custom job so I have no stock location, but I have plenty of room for placement.

So how far upstream from the TB should the MAF be?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

A little more info. I'm NOT running O2 sensors on the marine exhaust. I could run speed density, right? Jet boats rarely run part throttle anyway. Pretty much idle and WOT.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

I am interested in the answer to this as well
Old 03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock to TB on a F-body is approx 4-5 inches. Last Time I checked I would think the IAT sensor would have more to do with distance to T/B due to the temp it reads.

*** I just read the 2nd post. If you not running O2's at all, it should be Speed Density which dis regards the MAF. A non factor.

Check the PCM tuning section. I am no expert but from what I seen, I would be having a tuner work over the PCM based on the application and they are the best to advise.