Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP...name that wire!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP...name that wire!!

SORRY posted in wrong section! Hey there this is my first post to LS1TECH.COM. ive been on before n really find this site to be VERY helpful. Ive taken on an ls1 swap into a 98 v6...EVERYTHING is done ...except i cant get my coolant fan to run so it runs hot on me!
Before my wreck my car had a switch that ran 1 fan, both fans, and an off switch... will somebody PLEASE help me with this!...thanks in advance for any input you give!
btw...the second picture is under the fans taken laying under car
.PLEASE HELP...name that wire!!-mail.jpg

PLEASE HELP...name that wire!!-mail2.jpg

PLEASE HELP...name that wire!!-mail3.jpg

Last edited by Ndb270; 03-27-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: wrong section
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the first picture is for traction control.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndb270
SORRY posted in wrong section! Hey there this is my first post to LS1TECH.COM. ive been on before n really find this site to be VERY helpful. Ive taken on an ls1 swap into a 98 v6...EVERYTHING is done ...except i cant get my coolant fan to run so it runs hot on me!
Before my wreck my car had a switch that ran 1 fan, both fans, and an off switch... will somebody PLEASE help me with this!...thanks in advance for any input you give!
btw...the second picture is under the fans taken laying under car
.Attachment 346848

Attachment 346849

Attachment 346850
cooling fan is a ground made by the pcm...connects in one of the 3 connectors on the passenger wheel well area..
those 3 connectors go across the front of the engine and in front of the radiator/AC area and connect to the fuse box on the drivers side and thru a relay, which then goes back to the fans...

the first picture is definitely the connector for the cruise control-which I can see is missing from your car in that picture

2 - I cant tell.. doesnt look familiar to me..but its not for the fans
can you take a picture further back or tell me more specifically what that connector is next to?

but 3 might be the wipers...it connects up under the cowl on the far side of the drivers side..I dont exactly know for sure, because I got rid of my cowl and wipers a while back and I dont remember the connector..LOL

Last edited by soundengineer; 03-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankks to those who replied...
i will add more pics tonight maybe to help someone tell me what im doing wrong..
i talked to the guy that owned the car before me he said that the slp fan switch just connected into one of the three plugs on the pass side
but now all i have is the switch on one end and red,white,and black wires on the other end . it doesnt have a plug maybe i cut it in the process of the swap...woops
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

first connector on the passenger side... closest to the firewall...
dark blue and dark green are the 2 fans
it just ties in with those wires...
the wires are Grounds...not +12v signal wires....
confusion of the 2 will result in blown fuses or a car fire.

should be red wire to one of them , white wire to the other, and black to any grounding point.