Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good least expensive stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default good least expensive stroker kit

I want to (with the assistance of an experienced friend) build an LS1 stroker motor. I am fairly new to internal engine mods. what is the least expensive way to go about doing this? I looked on Lunatis website and their 382 stroker kit is $3,600.......is that the normal going rate? Is there a cheaper way? by the way, I know to make a stroker engine involves installing a different crank shaft. what kind of a crankshaft is it? would it be possible to find the same crankshaft from a low mile late model truck/car from a salvage yard? before you beat me with the stupid stick, remember, Im new... just trying to gather the options. thanks
Old 03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cheapest, good quality parts are: Eagle crank, Diamond pistons, 6.125" rods. If you want breathing, consider Patriot Performance heads. A lot of words have been written lately here about the quality issue of these low-priced parts, but most have found them to be reliable and to make good (if not excellant) power. I did something similar for about $2,500. Try Texas Speed, MTI and others for starters. Texas Speed (for instance) has some offset-ground cranks for a real bargain-basement stroker package. Check the sponsors' web sites to get an idea of what is available. HTH
Old 03-24-2004, 06:40 PM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

TBynre and More Performance (sponsors on the right) have Lunati kits on sell that are better than that price. For about $1000 less you can get a good performing Eagle stroker kit from someone like AP Engineering (another sponser on the right).

The crank shaft is a lighter and stronger with a 4 inch stroke compared to our 3.622 stroke. As I understand it you will need a LS1 specific setup. You will not be able to use older model cranks.

If you are new to engine building and you don't have all the tools, you may want to just buy a stroker. In the end it will be cheaper. If you have all the tools and the experience then you can do this cheaply. For up to 600 HP go with an Eagle kit. For 1000 HP go with the Lunati. For tried and true parts go with Lunati.

And then just search on the word stroker in this section. There is a ton of reading that will give you much more insight. Look for the one that is titled "what I should have known before building a stroker" or something like that.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:20 AM
PSJ Wannabe & Attention Whore

As soon as the cranks are ready, we wil have balanced eagle kits for 2500.