Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 tapping on decel funky noises FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking LS1 tapping on decel funky noises FIXED

Long story short I bought a 2002 z28 two month ago and it had all the symptoms of a noisy LS1. taps on decel lifter noises etc..... I went out and bought a bottle of chevron with techron exclusive synthetic formula after the first bottle the noise quieted down by about 60 percent. after the second bottle its 100 percent quiet like a brand new ls1 it even restored performance the car will spin the tires now deep into second with 2.73 gears best product in a bottle hands down worth every penny. Anyone with a noisy ls1 try this out its NO Joke this stuff is the BOMB.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

You had really noisy injectors I assume? Most ls1 are noisy because of the valvetrain. Especially after a cam install. I just installed a mayhem cam, with the hood open sounds like a loud sewing machine. Nothing techron can do about that. Ha ha
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mine is nice and quiet....when it sits in the garage!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine's loud as hell. it's completely stock internally. only external mods are lid/headers. it has been for years. it is especially loud after an oil change. i'm not worried.

i don't think the sewing machine sound is right. i've helped friends install cams in their cars and we didn't have any valvetrain noise. regardless of the cam, or lifters used. you guys that have noisy valvetrains have an issue with preload.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slammedc5
You had really noisy injectors I assume? Most ls1 are noisy because of the valvetrain. Especially after a cam install. I just installed a mayhem cam, with the hood open sounds like a loud sewing machine. Nothing techron can do about that. Ha ha
To be honest with you I think my valves had a boat load of carbon build up. Because the motor use to tap nasty. Now its quiet like a brand new small office size sewing machine.

Quick Reply: LS1 tapping on decel funky noises FIXED